Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Walking in a winter wonderland....

Winter has officially arrived in Winnipeg.
I'm still finding it a bit hard to believe, because fall was beautiful and warm, and suddenly one day it rained and snowed and it was instant winter. Normally we're eased into it by snow that falls, then melts away, then falls again and melts again. Not this year. It is here, and it is here to stay... at least for the next 5...? 6....? months....
This morning I woke up, a Sunday feeling on a Tuesday morning. Remembrance Day is not really a holiday I "celebrate" in any way, and so basically it's a day off in the middle of the week. The sun was shining, and I bundled up and decided to go explore the river walk since I haven't been since it snowed. Surprisingly, I was overdressed, and pulled off my toque five minutes out of the door.
Lots of people were out enjoying the day, particularly lots of old men... but I dig it. Had a few little conversations with some of them, always a good time. We were all just out for the same reason, to enjoy this sunny, winter morning (although this isn't really Winnipeg winter yet...) and take the day off to relax.
These are just a few impressions of this lovely morning I took to share with you...

No comments: