Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Accomplishment of the Day













Today I decided to tackle one of the things that has always eluded me- baking with yeast. And, thanks to the tropical heat situation that happens in my apartment in the winter, my dough actually rose, and it turned out! (Normally my bread comes out as a dense little rock.) Whole wheat rye bread accompanied tonight's dinner, and was a hit (at least with Danika and me...), and a bonus of baking at home is the lovely smell that, mixed with some sort of onion concotion my downstairs neighbour must have been frying up, made my apartment smell like: (in the word's of D) "Kingsford Haus". That's pretty much the best compliment a gal could get!



1 comment:

test it comm said...

Nice looking bread! The smell of fresh baking bread is one of my favorite parts about baking bread.